We provide motherboard repair and replacement that are not beyond economic repairs – we normally advice our customers when and when not to replace their laptop or desktop pc motherboard. We do full chip stress tests, chip reflows/rebakes, port resoldering and video repair
Loss of power to your laptop can mean a failure somewhere on the motherboard. Computer Service London technicians will test all components and circuitry on the planer board to determine the cause of short or malfunction – checking and diagnostics are absolutely free!
We can help with your Motherboard Issues:
- Power but no boot: Bad Input/Output controller chip, or bad video chip. Symptoms: The LED light Turing on but the computer still doesn’t boot.
- Shut down/hang when move: Open circuit, loose connection, cold solder Symptoms: shut down when move the laptop
- Intermittent booting: Bad video chip, bad input/output controller chip Symptoms: Laptop has power but gets hard to boot. If you press the power button and the central of the keyboard at the same time, laptop will boot.
- No power at all: Bad power chip, open circuit, short circuit, or loose connection. Symptoms: Nothing showing up when you press the power button
- AC adapter turns off when plugged to the computer: Short circuit, short components Symptoms: The LED light on the AC adapter turns off.
- Broken power jack: Loose connection, cold solder, broken jack Symptoms: Need wiggle to connect, no power at all, intermittent power up
- System hangs: Bad video chip, bad hard drive controller, bad CPU controller. Symptoms: System hangs when the windows starting, running for 5-10 minutes, or playing DVD
- No charge: Bad charging chip, bad diodes, bad inductor, bad power jack, or open circuit Symptoms: Works with battery but it doesn’t work with AC adapter, no power at all
- Graphic Problems: Bad video chip on the board or bad LCD Symptoms: Vertical/horizontal lines, distort colour, flickering, intermittent booting
- Over heat: Bad thermal chip, bad fan Symptoms: Restart unexpectedly, shut down randomly
- Doesn’t recognize devices: Loose connection, cold solder, bad input/output controller chip set Symptoms: doesn’t recognize hard drive, USB ports, Digital card, CD ROM, PCMCIA, wireless card etc.
- Cannot go to the internet: Bad Input/output controller, bad Ethernet chip and wireless card, loose connection, cold solder Symptoms: No Internet signal (the page cannot be displaced)
- Laptop has blue screen (pictures): bad hard drive, bad hard drive controller, bad input/output controller chip set.
Maintenance, tuning and advise. Increase the performance of your IT
Please contact us for information on our hourly rates, fixed rates and maintenance contract